Friday, January 9, 2009

2 Week Meal Plan

I made my two week meal plan. I planned 13 meals (we have a holiday party this weekend so we don't need a meal). The meals are:
Fish
Crockpot Pork Chops
Brats
Lasagna
Burritos
Chicken Fried Rice
Eggs
Beef Roast
Grilled Chicken
Tacos
Pizza
Ham

I put vegtables and potatos with the meat meals. I broke this shopping up into a shop on Wednesday (to take advantage of double coupons) and today. I spent $24. I saved something like $18 dollars between coupons and discounts. I went today and finished my big shop. I spent $45 today. For $70, I got all the food I need for 2 weeks. I'm sure I'll have to go back for milk and fruit, but otherwise I'm set. Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jen - it's tory
just started reading your blog- we started doing cpns in october and I am really buckling down starting with the new year. I thought I'd share an idea with you(maybe you already do this) - I had a hard time deciding which dinners to serve on what nights. I had the kids write down their top 12 faves and I added a couple (a turkey and potroast leftover from the holidays) plus leftovers. I put a number next to each and entered those numbers in to www.random.org and came up with my menu for two weeks and then did it again to come up with the rest of the month. This really made the menu so much easier! Glad to see someone else (I know) doing this too. HAVE FUN!