Friday, January 16, 2009

Frugal Tip for Cards

I don't know about you, but it chaps my hiney to buy cards. Gosh, they want so much money for them! You can easily spend $4-5 for a card. Seems like such a waste. Maybe I'm cold, but when I receive a card, I read it and then throw it. Okay, I'll admit it. I also shake it for money. But honestly, someone just spent $4 on something that went right into my garbage can. What a waste of money!!

I discovered that those party outlets or paper outlets are terrific!! We have one here and I just went the other day and purchased 6 cards. And I spent $4.62 for 6 cards. The most expensive ones were $0.99 and some were even $0.49. Yes, I could make cards for free. Better yet I could have the kids make cards, but that seems a little too cheap for me.

The great thing about these card outlets is their cards aren't cheap looking. They are just like the ones you'd buy at any other retail store. And they aren't all dumb or boring cards. I've been very pleasantly suprised. I've found some very witty cards that I've not been embarassed to give.

I'd recommend that you give it a try. What do you have to lose? And you might just save some money while you're there.

No comments: