Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unexpected expenses

Just when I think I'm getting us back on track, unexpected expenses come up. While some of these expenses truly shouldn't be "unexpected", they aren't monthly expenses. Thus, they haven't made their way into the budget yet. For example, we have life insurance policies through my husband's work. We pay those premiums on a quarterly basis. So, that's an extra $50 we need to come up with next month. I do budget for "insurance", but I only budgeted enough for car insurance. I had forgotten about the life insurance. Drat.

Some of the expenses truly are "unexpected." A good example is the notice we got from Brady's school today. They have a 3 year old preschool program. The notice today was to sign up Reed. Great. No problem. We were planning on doing that. Except, that they wanted a $50 registration fee. That fee is due February 3. Oooooooooookay. That's another $50 we need to come up with in the next couple weeks.

I really need to start a printing press in my basement. It would really be more handy than budgeting for these things.

No comments: