Sunday, January 4, 2009

December Financial Recap

Well, the month of December was a bomb. Of course, I knew it would be with a trip to Texas involved. I came in at $47.67 over my grocery budget. Not bad. Especially considering I stocked up on enough chicken to last us all year and laundry detergent to last a decade.

My miscellaneous budget was blown by $597.33. About $200 of this was for hotel rooms for 2 nights. About $150 was fast food on our trip and about $142.00 was Sea World admission. So, actually we didn't do bad. Especially since Christmas was mixed in there too. Of course we hadn't saved for the vacation. So, I'll be trying to figure out how to pay for it for the next couple months!! We did pay cash for a substantial portion of it. It was our Christmas money.

Hopefully January will be better. Especially since it is my New Year's resolution to stop using my credit card. It's hard to spend money when you're out of cash!!

No comments: