Friday, March 27, 2009

Grocery Store Tip

At my local grocery store, they were having a great sale on the generic cheese slices. For a package of 16 slices, the cost was $1. Normally the generic is $2.19, so that's a great savings. I went this morning to grab several packages and was disappointed to find out they had 2 packages left.

I could have gone to the service counter and asked for a rain check. Instead, I found an employee and asked them if there was any more in back. He indicated that he was out of the generic slices, but offered me the Kraft slices for the exact same price. Those are normally $2.49 per package when they are on sale!!

I took 5 packages of the Kraft slices at $1 a piece. It paid to ask! Whenever my grocery store is out of a sale item, I always ask if there are any more in back. Almost every time, if there is no more in stock, they offer me a name brand replacement for the same price. It's worth asking! The worst they can say is no, right?

No comments: