Saturday, March 28, 2009

Save on Kids Clothes

I think almost everyone has heard about Sears KidsVantage Club. If not, here is a link to some very brief information . . .http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12608_NB_kid+vantage?adCell=A3 The 15% off isn't really my motivation. It's the next paragraph where Sears will replace any clothing or shoes that your child wears out. It has to be the same size though, so you can't keep trading up for a new size.

I've never really shopped much at Sears just because I can get better prices elsewhere (including garage sales). But, my oldest son goes through shoes and pants like crazy. He can trash either one in a matter of months.

Last fall I decided to buy him a pair of Sketcher shoes. I checked out Sears because he has already worn out a million pairs of shoes and decided I'd try their KidVantage Club replacement service.

I picked out a pair of shoes and was a bit disappointed because they were about $10 more than I could get them elsewhere. However, as I was preparing to leave the shoe department, I found a different pair of Sketchers in his size on clearance for $20. Not bad! When I got to the cash register, they rang up for $10!!!!!!! That is awesome.

Well, fast forward six months later and he's got holes in them and they are absolutely falling apart. So, I decided to take them back to Sears yesterday. I took my receipt and was nervous that they'd just offer me the $10 since I'd bought them on clearance.

They didn't even ask for my receipt. They just told me to go find the shoes in the same size. Of course they didn't carry the EXACT same shoe anymore. So, they replaced it with another pair of Sketchers in the same size. The price on the box? $45!!!!

So, now he has a brand new pair of shoes that have a value of $45 for $10. Plus, we've gotton six months of wear out of a different pair.

I love it!

I should have done it with his coat. The zipper broke within 3 months on his coat. I was so upset. Of course I'd bought it on clearance somewhere last year and couldn't return it.

No comments: