Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Grocery List Experiment

After creating my first weekly menu plan, there were obviously items that I needed to round out the meals. This included things like milk, fruit, etc. Plus a few basics. So, I decided that in addition to my meal plan, I should create a shopping list for the grocery store.

I couldn't believe how much it cut down my grocery bill to have a shopping list! It was amazing. At first, I didn't stick strictly to the list. Nevertheless I saw improvement in my grocery bill.

Additionally, I didn't find myself wasting time running to the store mid-week because I didn't have something I needed for a meal. Not only did I save myself time, but money. Every time I went to the grocery store, I found something else I "needed" besides what I'd gone there for. Things I definitely didn't really need.

Overall, I'd call the grocery list experiment a success!

No comments: