Friday, February 20, 2009

Grrrrrrrrrr. Watch limits on sales.

Darn it. Darn it. Darn it.

I do this every time I go to the grocery store. I find a good deal (which I've previously located in the flyer and dutifully written on my shopping list) and decide to stock up. I congratulate myself all the way home. Until I look at my receipt. Ugh. I realize that there was a limit on the sale item and I didn't get the sale price on all the items I bought.

This happened to me today. In my flyer, Ritz crackers are on sale for 2/$5.00. I have two coupons for $2 off when you buy 2. So, I buy 4 boxes of Ritz crackers for $10-$4=$6. Good deal for me! Except that I missed the wording in the flyer which says the limit is 2 boxes. So, I only got the money off of the first two boxes I purchased. Basically I spent an extra $0.98 because of the limits.

I've had this happen before to me. I've done it on macaroni and cheese before at this store.

Lesson learned. Before stocking up on an item, double check to make sure there are no limits.

No comments: