Saturday, February 21, 2009

I did it!

I actually updated my withholdings. Yay! And Lance did his too. We didn't claim 5, we did 4 instead. We want to see what the end of the year holds before we adjust higher. I'm paranoid that we'll end up paying in a ton of money if I go to 5 deductions.

We met with our financial planner the other night. Although I'm not sure why. With the market the way it is, we have no money left! Fortunately we're relatively young and have plenty of time to pull through this recession. We're busy plugging away money into our Roth IRAs in the hopes that we'll benefit when the market finally turns around.

The boys college funds and UTMA accounts are a joke. There is nothing left to them. They are invested very aggressively though since the boys are so little. Again, we're still putting money into them in the hopes that it will really turn around before they need to go to college.

No comments: